Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cheesy Hashbrowns

I got the original recipe for this from my grandma, but I've tweaked it to my tastes over the years. It is pretty simple and actually can be modified to what you like or what you have in the house.

1 1/2 pkg. frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
8 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cans cream of mushroom, celery or chicken (whatever you have works fine, I generally mix a couple of them for variety)
1 onion, chopped
3 c. cheese (whatever you have works)
16 oz. sour cream (sometimes I use the flavored chive/onion variety)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the above ingredients together in a large bowl. Spread in a 9x13 baking dish.

corn flakes, crushed
melted butter

Mix the above ingredients together and place on top of hashbrown mixture.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

0 comments: