Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza



I love bacon cheeseburger pizza. I didn't actually intend to make it but DH had accidentally told his parents that I was making this kind instead of the BLT pizza that I was really making. The dough recipe made two crusts, so instead of freezing it, I decided to give in and make the kind of pizza they were expecting. I didn't have a recipe, and instead played it by ear on what I could remember of when I worked at a pizza place in high school. It turned out fabulous.

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Pizza crust-make your own or buy it
sauce-recipe below
6 slices bacon, browned and crumbled
1/2 lb. hamburger, browned and drained
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
cheese, I used cheddar and mozzarella
pickles, optional

sauce:
ketchup
mustard
mayo
Worcestershire

mix the above ingredients together to taste

Spread crust out on pizza sheet or pizza stone. Spread a layer of sauce on the crust. Top with beef, onion, tomato, bacon, and cheese. I mostly did all the measuring by eye and just put how much I thought looked good.
Bake at 425 until cheese is golden brown roughly 17-20 minutes. Top with a pickle slice before serving.

0 comments: