Monday, September 29, 2008

Easy chili














I made this chili today because it seemed like a perfect fall day for it. I actually didn't know what I was doing, so I just threw a bunch of stuff in a crockpot. It turned out to be the best chili I've ever had and Eddie agreed. He told me to make sure I write the recipe down and make it over and over again. The picture isn't too pretty, but I promise the taste is great!


1 lb. hamburger (I accidentally used DH's beef with bacon hamburger)

1 lb. sausage

2 lg. onions, chopped

1 can beans in chili sauce

2 cans light red kidney beans, drained

2 cans petite diced tomatoes

1 can tomato sauce

1 pkg. Carroll Shelby's chili kit (it is in the spice aisle. It comes in what looks like a small brown bag. I'm guessing other chili seasonings would work.)


Brown hamburger and sausage. Drain grease and add meat to crockpot. Throw in remaining ingredients and mix. Mine ended up cooking on low for about 5 hours, but I'm guessing longer would be even better. Top with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!

0 comments: