Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pita Chip Crunch

I love the Pioneer Woman and her recipes. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. I finally got around to it and like all her other recipes I've tried, I wasn't disappointed. Now, it wouldn't be like me to stick to a recipe, and this one is no exception since I thought it needed peanut butter. Nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter.

Pita Chip Crunch - Pioneer Woman
1 bag Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips
3/4 bag chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
2 large spoonfuls peanut butter (can use more)

melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Do this by putting it in a microwave safe dish and on high for a minute. Stir. Continue to heat at 15 second intervals until melted. Add peanut butter. Stir.
Place pita chips on waxed paper in a jelly roll pan. Try to get it to one layer. Pour a bit of the chocolate mixture over the top. Sprinkle half the nuts over the top. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the top and sprinkle remaining nuts over. Chill in the fridge or freezer until chocolate hardens about 15-20 minutes. Break apart and enjoy.

0 comments: