Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cowboy Caviar


I love this stuff. I like to make it for BBQ because it is so easy and always a crowd pleaser. I took it to the township picnic last week and one of the ladies there commented on what a great "salad" it is. I guess it could be a salad, but I prefer it with chips. I also like to pretend it's healthy.

Cowboy Caviar

1 can Black Eyed Peas (rinsed and drained)
1 can Pinto Beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
1 bag frozen corn (I use Mexicorn)
1 small jar Pimento (drained and diced)
1 medium Onion (diced)
1 cup chopped Celery
1 cup chopped Green Pepper
2 chopped Jalepeno Peppers

Bring the following to a boil and add to the above mixture:
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Water
¾ cup of Cider Vinegar
½ cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Sugar



Let refrigerate overnight after combining together.
Drain before serving.
Serve with Frito Scoops.

0 comments: