Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crash Hot Potatoes



When I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it for three reasons: 1) because I LOVE potatoes. 2) because most everything I've made from PW turns out AWESOME. 3) they were quick and simple. These turned out to be fantastic! I've only made them with dried rosemary, but you could honestly use any herb you want fresh/dried, doesn't matter. I urge you to try these at your earliest possible convenience. Your mouth will thank you.

Crash Hot potatoes- Pioneer Woman

Small round potatoes (like new potatoes)
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
fresh cracked black pepper
Rosemary (or other herb)

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add washed potatoes and cook until tender. On a sheet pan, drizzle olive oil. Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato. With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of the crushed potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and herb of choice.
Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

0 comments: