Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Veggie Pizza


Mmmm... I love veggie pizza. It is one of my favorite things to eat at parties. I had never made it before, though, so I decided to make it for Father's Day BBQ. It turned out to be very very easy and super tasty. Eddie wouldn't eat it because he isn't a fan of crescent rolls as crust, but that was okay with me...more for me to eat!

Veggie Pizza - courtesy Diana's Kitchen

2 packages refrigerator crescent rolls
2 8 oz pkgs. cream cheese -- I used reduced fat
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing -- (dry mix)
4 to 6 cups chopped vegetables*
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese -- optional
dried dill - 2 pinches (I added)

Press the crescent roll dough in a large greased jelly roll pan, sealing all perforations. Bake as directed about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and dressing mix (can add chopped chives, dill, a few drops of hot sauce, etc.) and beat until smooth.

Chill to allow flavors to blend.

Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust and sprinkle the chopped vegetables (and cheese if desired) over all.

Chill for at least an hour.

*There are a wide variety of veggies you can use. Use whatever you have/like. I used broccoli, cauliflower, green onion, and carrots. Other ideas are tomato, cucumber, olives, green onions, pepper (red, green yellow), mushrooms, cucumber, red onion.

0 comments: