Wednesday, July 8, 2009

BLT Pizza



I got this recipe from a mom on the mom's board I frequent. The recipe is easy and very tasty! I've made this several times already. This particular slice was from a Sunday when I had the in-laws over for pizza.

pizza crust (you can buy or make your own. Recipe I used is below.)
10 slices bacon, fried, drained, and crumbled
tomatoes, diced
onion ( I added)
cheese, I used cheddar and mozzarella
lettuce, about 2 cups
1 Tbsp. mayo
1 Tbsp miracle whip
salt
pepper

Spread pizza crust out on pizza pan or pizza stone. Brush with olive oil. Bake at 425 for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Top baked crust with cheese, crumbled bacon, onions, and tomatoes. Bake until cheese is golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix the lettuce, mayo, miracle whip, salt and pepper to taste. Slice pizza and top with lettuce.

Pizza Crust - The Bread Machine Bible
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 1/4 c. white bread flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. instant dry yeast

Pour the water into the bread pan, the add the oil. Sprinkle the flour over, covering the liquid completely. Place the salt and sugar in separate corners of the pan. Make a small indent in the middle of the flour and add the yeast. Close the lid, set the machine to 'basic dough' or 'pizza dough' and press start.

0 comments: